St. Joseph was founded in 1922. The name, at that time, was St. Anthony.
The parish was renamed St. Joseph in 1940.
St. Anthony was a mission of St. George in Ontario. In 1935, it became a mission of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Ontario. St. Joseph became a full parish in 1943.
The original church building (see photo to right) was a small structure that had been a Japanese church. It was moved to the site at 905 North Campus Avenue in 1922. There was an addition to the front of the building made in 1936
The second church, plus the school, convent, rectory and auditorium were dedicated on Thanksgiving Day, November 24, 1955. Our current hall was the church.
There was a ground breaking ceremony held on Sunday, September 3, 1978 for what is now our church building. The church was completed and dedicated on Sunday, October 12, 1980. The wooden crucifix was moved from the older church to the current church.
St. Joseph Catholic Church
877 North Campus Avenue
Upland, CA 91786
Emergency Answering Service:
909-377-8612 (Sick Calls)
Weekend Mass Schedule
Saturday/Sábado Vigil: 5:00pm (English), 7:00pm (Español)
Sunday/Domingo: 7:00am, 9:00am, 11:00am (English), 1:00pm (Español), 5:00pm (English)
First & Third Sunday 3:00pm Tongan